In 2017, our contribution to Sagarmatha's home amounted 50 000 CHF (annual budget).
These funds were the result of collections organized by the students of the International School of Geneva (La Châtaigneraie) and donations from individuals and sponsors.
To find out more about the way the funds we receive are put to use, you may view our annual reports.
In-kind donations such as clothes, books, games, medicine from Switzerland and France are gifts that are very appreciated by the children and teenagers of Sagarmatha.
A big thank you to all those that participate, through your contributions, whether small or large, to the existence of this home in Kathmandu.
Projects to date
- Distribution of clothes, books, games, medicine…during each trip to Nepal
- Organization of trips and visits (within and outside Kathmandu) for children from Sagarmatha (since 2006)
- Payment of school fees, including uniforms and school supplies for all the children (2006, 2008, 2011, 2013, etc.) thanks to the International School of Geneva
- Construction of an annex with showers and toilets (2010)
- Donation of ten laptops (2011)
- Painting of the inside and outside of the building (2011)
- Installation of individual lockers for the personal belongings of each child (2011)
- Purchase of toiletry kits for each child (2011)
- Resurfacing of the terrace of the main building (2011)
- Gas installation to replace kerosene for cooking (2012)
- Reorganisation of the food storage area and purchase of metal crates to stock food (2012)
- Donation of six laptops (2012)
- Construction of a small building to house the future library (2012)
- Fitting out of a storeroom and laundry room (2013)
- Protective paint for the toilet and shower buildings (2013)
- Preparation work for the future library and playroom (2013)
- Purchase of a supply of gas tanks (2013)
- Purchase of musical instruments (2013)
- Purchase of shoes for children of the orphanage (2013)
- Purchase of two metal bookshelves (2013)
- Purchase of two washing machines (2013)
- Purchase of blankets (2013)
- Construction of a new building with a dining hall, kitchen and double bedrooms (2013-2014)
- Purchase of a generator for the new building (2014)
- Purchase of equipments for the new building’s kitchen (2014)
- New infirmary (2014)
- Supply of medical and non-medical equipment (2014)
- Donation of knitted sweaters (2014)
- Donation and purchase of games and toys (2015)
- Mini-training for young people in the drafting of a CV (2015)
- New jeep (2015)
- Old building renovation following the 2015 earthquake (2016)